How Do I Uninstall Archive Manager Pro From My Mac?
- Click the Applications folder on your Mac's Dock.
- Drag Archive Manager Pro's icon to the trash.
How do I create a compressed file?
Simple. Just open the Archive Manager application, then drag and drop your desired files and folders to the designated place in the application. You can drop as many as you want at once, and all of them will be archived in one compressed file.
Your compressed file will appear at the same location as the file you compressed.
How do I extract a compressed file?
To extract a file with Archive Manager, simply double click the compressed file. You can also drag and drop it to the Archive Manager application.
What do all the compressing options mean?
- In Archive Manager main window you can choose your desired format to compress: 7z, Zip (and Rar in the PRO version).
- If you're compressing a big file, you can split it in parts just selecting the size you want, in Bytes (B), Megabytes (MB) or Gigabytes (GB).
- With 7z and Zip you will have the opportunity to create password encrypted files to better protect your privacy.
- Just with 7z, you can encrypt the filenames, so without password no one will know what type of files are inside the encrypted file.
- With "Exclude Mac resource forks" you can create archives that looks clean in non Mac systems, as Linux or Windows.
- If you want to delete the files you're compressing after the operation, you can check the option to do it automatically.
What's different in the PRO version?
Archive Manager's PRO version allows you to uncompress Rar files.